Friday, July 30, 2010

Critter Management/Gator Wrestler

OK, so after a long pause here at The Human Show I am back with a new post. This post came out of an article I read about a 500 pound alligator that was removed from a South Carolina lagoon. Though I think it is interesting and sounds like a big gator, I am less interested in the gator and more interested in the three "gator wrestlers" that it took to handle the gator!


I thought to myself, is this a real job, gator wrestler? They listed the name of the company that did the gator removal in the article as well and it was Critter Management Inc. I went to their website and most of the animals they deal with sound pretty normal except the gators. Here is a description from their site about the animals they service:

"Critter Management, Inc. services bats, rats, mice, flying squirrels, gray squirrels, feral cats, fox, deer, alligators, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, snakes, otters, hogs, birds, and other low country critters."

I couldn't find a jobs page on their website but there probably wouldn't have been any "gator wrestler" positions open anyway. Wait, what do I know? There may be a lot of demand for people to handle those pesky gators...note to self, potential career to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment