Friday, July 2, 2010

Recycling Wedding

So this post could very easily be posted to my enviro-sustain blog but I liked the human element in this story a little more than I liked the recycling and living green element. This couple collected and saved aluminum cans to pay for their wedding. Apparently they kept them on their porch and in the end they needed 400,000 cans to get the $3800 that they needed for the wedding. Over a ton of cans were hauled away but a little over half of the cans needed were donated by two major donors, that is still a lot of cans.
I think that many opportunities like this exist, for instance at one of my jobs there is no place to recycle anything other than cardboard but if there was a small receptacle that employees could recycle cans in and have a group or organization take them away would be great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment