Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Miners

Remember the Chilean miners that are trapped in their mine that I posted about last month? I have read at least an article a week about them and how the progress is coming toward their return to the surface. This week I read an article that I felt would be good for The Human Show.

This article was about how the miners, who have been trapped for over 40 days now, have received over 1000 job offers once they return to the surface. This is quite a big show of support from other employers and the jobs they are offering aren't underground, which might have been a hard sell for them anyway once they return to the surface.

One low point in the article that I hadn't heard about yet was that the mining company they had been working for has filed bankruptcy saying it can't even pay the miners. Now after being stuck for well over a month and probably a couple more months before they will get out, they aren't even being paid and they have to work around the clock in shifts to remove the debris from the drilling that is being done to rescue them. I guess they are working quite literally for survival.

I am sad for the miners and their families but I am encouraged about humans in general as this goes on and these men show some of the best character in the history of human kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment