Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sesame Street & Katy Perry

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read in a very long time so it had to be posted on the Human Show. Sesame Street has celebrity guests on all the time, this should be no surprise but when something like this that is so benign and silly it makes you just wonder about people and their common sensce.

The article I read is here and it is about a video of Katy Perry singing and running around in front of a cartoon city with Elmo that was posted on Youtube by Sesame Street as part of promoting the upcoming season. Parents who watched it then began to comment on Katy Perry's clothing. Shocking that people would get upset over practically nothing, right? I mean, like half of the muppets walk around without any clothes in all of their bare furry glory!

I have the video below and I only watched about half since it was so silly and half of the words and the context of the song were already changed to make it appropriate for the show anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this on the radio! What the heck, seriously.

    Though I might argue that she's not appropriate for Sesame Street to begin with...but they had David Bowie on (I think?) and he was pretty scandalous in his day. But her new song is very suggestive of underage sex, so...yeah.

    ReplyDelete